Saturday, September 5, 2009

Goodnight, World

My sister says that when she puts her son to bed she shuts the window and says, "Goodnight, World." He has started saying it as well. Sadie and I don't really have rituals that involve such adorable stories. Basically, we collapse from exhaustion several times each day, and it looks something like the above picture. I love this picture because it captures my favorite times with Sadie, when she's dozing in my arms and we can both relax and commune.

It's already heartbreaking to think there will come a day when she's too big to lay in my lap like this. Or, heaven forbid, a day when she is going to ignore me because she wants to go to Monopoly's Teen Dance club to dance to Bizarre Love Triangle with her friends. Oh, wait, that was me. Anyway, I keep hearing stories about how teenagers shun their parents, and I am dumb enough to have the secret thought: "that won't happen to us with Sadie."

Can someone please write me a prescription for a reality pill?

No comments:

Post a Comment