Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Let the Games Begin

. . . or not. I am starting to have Braxton Hicks contractions and some of them are not as much delightful as they are vexing in their force and ability to wrack my body with pain. I will spare gentle readers the details, but it's possible this is all heating up for real tonight. Actually, it's 2:50 a.m. and I have been having contractions since about 9:30 p.m. Now, I am just not sure what to do with myself other than stay hydrated and make it to the morning when we'll either head to our 9:15 a.m. doctor's appointment or we'll go to the hospital to see what we can do about evicting Ms. Pepps.

If I am right and I am in labor, there is a good chance that Pepps and I will share a birthday. I am thrilled about that prospect! I am 2 hours and 53 minutes into my 36th year on the planet and so far it's the best year EVER. Jeff gave me the most magnificent birthday present I could ever imagine: He had my bridal blog bound into a book for me. I am totally in awe of the thoughtfulness and effort and love he put into such a visionary gift. It's a gift that seems like in all of our happy years together, he will never be able to top. I love it so much. I will post a picture of the book soon, when I am not too lazy to walk downstairs and get it so I can take a picture. It's simply exquisite and I am so glad that we had a little birthday moment before the crazy contractions kicked in.

It's been a whirlwind of waiting and occupying our time and having fun and distracting ourselves with more waiting and then we wait some more. We have returned to the driving range and learned the art of the iPhone, as well as see friends and family as often as possible. The wonderful world of the mommy network has got its tender touch on me and suddenly I have made mommy connections all over the place: prenatal yoga, the gym, and at a colleague's daughter's 1st birthday party. I am thrilled to have resources that will come in handy in the coming weeks and months.

Stay tuned. We have about 21 hours before we can determine for sure whether Pepps and I will celebrate our birthdays together. Labor Day, Birthday ...whatever. I feel pumped. I am ready to go. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment