Friday, January 16, 2009

Holy Frijoles!

You cannot talk to anyone in Chicago or the surrounding areas without marveling at the temperature. It's idiocy to live here, but millions of us do it, even though our snot freezes and our eye lashes stick to our eyelids during a commute by public transportation in NEGATIVE FOUR degree weather.

So, while it's super fun to be pregnant and mortally afraid of slipping on the ice that is virtually ubiquitous, as well as hopelessly nauseated by the shivering the body does to survive in such frigid environs, I am off to LA to celebrate a belated Hanukkah with my Beloved Husband's family. I will always be thrilled to travel to see my in-laws during the winter months in Chicago.... in part because I genuinely love them and it helps that they live in LA and Las Vegas.

I do not relish the long plane ride but I have enough granola bars, trail mix, and goldfish to tide me over, even though I may have to pay an extra $25.00 for the privilege of not starving to death on an airplane. My favorite part of pregnancy travel is telling the screeners that I won't go through the X-ray machine. I do it to cut in line and it, so far, has backfired each time since I end up practically going to third base with the female TSA agent in a glass both behind the X-ray machine.

But, we're showing Peppermint the ocean this weekend and also introducing Pepps to potato latkes. And if it's anything like Pepps' reaction to french fries, we will be seeing lots more latkes in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment