Monday, June 22, 2009

The Next Generation

Here's me and my mom at my baby shower last weekend. I pray to age at least 1/2 as well as she is! She could be my sister! I am thinking of the impending arrival of the next generation. Miss Pepps is moving like crazy today-- it feels like she is trying desperately to stretch out in the womb, but there is no room in the womb. I want her to stay as long as she wants, but judging from the jabs and movements I am feeling, she's starting to get pissed about the cozy confines. I don't blame her one bit. Like her mama, she has a heart that yearns to be free. On my July 2009 mommy message board, you wouldn't believe the birth stories that are coming fast and furious. I know more about mucus plugs and water breaking than I ever thought possible. It makes me feel a little bit paranoid about every ache and pain. Last night I was convinced I was in labor because I was having some menstrual-type cramps. In retrospect, it was maybe the extra Peppermint Pattie I had right before bed and the 10 glasses of water I had after that.

I am relieved to hear that there is normal to feel like this whole thing is surreal, especially until you see the baby. We've been waiting all these months and weeks and now it's so close. Closer than our next mortgage payment and still....I still can't believe we are pregnant and about to slide down the parent rabbitt hole, which I hope is better lit that my own birth canal!

No comments:

Post a Comment